In the present age of outsourcing, effective contracting is key to the success of any project. The company staff must fully understand the complexities of the contracting process, and implement a systematic approach to select the most qualified contractors and vendors.
To specifically respond to the industry need, and to help both the owners and contractors meet their contracting objectives, Project Assurance has developed this innovative seminar, World-Class Contract Management. This consultative seminar identifies innovative strategies and proven techniques that will consistently ensure high-performance contracting, and maximize project results.
The seminar provides insights about industry and market trends, contracting options, and management initiatives for a cooperative work environment. It provides a complete understanding of contracting principles, the contract development process and contractor selection criteria, the essential ingredients for a project’s success.
In developing this seminar, Project Assurance blended our hands-on contracting experience, input from project teams and contract experts, and the latest market trends to identify the best contracting practices. Analysis of numerous recently completed contracts and case studies are illustrated to emphasize successful contracting strategies, and avoid common pitfalls.
This highly interactive program provides a forum for real-time problem solving, and developing effective contracting initiatives that assure conflict-free work environment and consistent project success. This seminar is designed to dramatically improve the performance in the managing and execution of:
- Capital Programs
- Grass-Root Projects
- Shutdowns & Turnarounds
- Revamp & Expansion Projects
- Service & Routine Maintenance
- Provide comprehensive understanding of the latest market trends, and best contracting processes and practices.
- Ensure the selection of the most capable contractors with qualified management team and resources.
- Create a synergistic work environment where the owner and contractor resources are optimized for project success and cost saving of up to 10% or more.
- Overview and Introduction
- Contracting Strategy and Plan
- Contract Types and Options
- Contract Selection Process
- Bid Preparation and Evaluation
- Proposal Preparation and Evaluation
- Contract Finalization and Documentation
- Contract Incentives
- Alignment and Contract Kick-off
- Contract Administration
- Management of Changes
- Claims Management
- Contract Close-out
- Miscellaneous Contract Considerations
- Win-Win Contracting Strategies
This seminar is specifically designed for both owners’ and contractors’ project management skills, e.g.:
- Project Managers
- Project Engineers
- Discipline Engineers
- Cost/Scheduling Staff
- Construction Managers
- Field Engineers
- Contract Administrators
- Procurement Staff
- Quality Control
In-Plant Customized Seminars
Project Assurance offers this popular seminar for in-house presentations, which are customized to address specific contracting/project requirements and a company’s unique work environment. The seminar provides a forum to analyze existing problems/concerns and develop effective contracting strategies. this highly effective in-house seminar will dramatically improve the company’s contract management capabilities, resulting in maximizing contractor/vendor performance.