Planning and executing shutdowns and turnarounds in the plant environment is a complex and demanding function. This seminar is designed to establish a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of effective turnaround management. This seminar is based on the company’s experience in consulting and troubleshooting hundreds of turnarounds around the world.
In the development of the training program, a combination of extensive hands-on experience in turnaround planning and execution, input from turnaround teams, and emerging industry trends were blended together to establish proven turnaround management approaches. Numerous examples and case studies based on recently completed turnarounds are illustrated to emphasize major strategic, planning and management considerations that are essential to successful turnarounds.
This highly interactive program provides a forum for real-time problem solving and developing workable solutions for future turnarounds. The seminar emphasizes that the company staff from different departments, contractors and vendors must combine their knowledge, resources and energies, and work as a focused team to successfully achieve company’s business goals and turnaround objectives.
The seminar is focused to accomplish the following major objectives:
- Provide comprehensive understanding of the latest in turnaround management approaches and modern planning techniques.
- Make the turnaround planning and execution process efficient, professionally rewarding and free from stress and organizational conflicts.
- Implement strategies leading to highest safety, operational reliability, 10-20% shorter turnaround schedules and cost benefits of 10-25%, resulting in savings of millions of dollars.
- Turnaround Leadership
- Turnaround Management Process
- Business Planning
- Strategic Turnaround Planning
- High Performance Organization
- Contracting Strategy and Plan
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Work Scope Management
- Materials Management and Logistics
- Resource Planning and Controls
- Operations Planning
- Planning and Schedule Controls
- Budget and Cost Management
- Progress Reporting and Forecasting
- Pre-Turnaround and Preparation
- Turnaround Field Execution
- Productivity Improvements
- Post-Turnaround and Evaluation
- Communication and Information Management
- Implementation Challenges and Strategies
This seminar is designed to be beneficial for both the owner’s and contractor’s staff, who are involved in the planning, coordination and execution of shutdowns and turnarounds. The course is especially valuable for:
- Maintenance and Project Managers
- Turnaround Managers and Coordinators
- Planning, Scheduling and Cost Control Staff
- Construction Superintendents and Supervisors
- Operations Superintendents and Shift Supervisors
- Project Engineers and Contract Administrators
Participation from the inspection, materials, safety, reliability and engineering is also encouraged.
In-Plant Customized Seminars
Project Assurance offers this popular seminar for in-plant presentations, which can be customized to address specific turnaround requirements and a plant’s unique work environment. The seminar provides a forum to analyze existing problems/concerns and develop workable solutions. This highly effective in-plant seminar will dramatically improve company’s turnaround management capabilities, resulting in consistently, successful shutdowns, turnarounds and outages.